Preview of VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 26, 2009

      I have a preview of the VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts. I made several color options since we plan to use a two-color ink design this time. The unofficial theme for this year was proclaimed to be Computer Graphics & Music, but so far I couldn't find a way to incorporate the music part yet on the t-shirt.
      Another option this year would be to have the design on the back and the front would have an emblem over the pocket area - as in a fireman's t-shirt. I created the design on a black t-shirt. this revolves around a collage of a couple of vintage computer games with graphics, both ascii and bitmap -- each with their own significance -- limited to pre-80's.

      Here they are:

       - amber/green design -- no it's not halloween :)
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-a.gif
       - red/blue design
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-b.gif
       - red/green design
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-c.gif
       - blue/green design
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-d.gif

      Pocket emblem
       - amber/green closeup
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-a.gif
       - red/blue closeup
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-b.gif
       - red/green closeup
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-c.gif
       - blue/green closeup
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-d.gif

       - amber/green t-shirt
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-a.gif
       - red/blue  t-shirt
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-b.gif
       - red/green  t-shirt
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-c.gif
       - blue/green  t-shirt
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-d.gif

      =Dan
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 26, 2009
        Dan,
        I prefer a simple shirt, black with a little bit of green terminal-esque
        writing, but that's just me.
        Bill

        > I have a preview of the VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts. I made several color
        > options since we plan to use a two-color ink design this time. The
        > unofficial theme for this year was proclaimed to be Computer Graphics
        > & Music, but so far I couldn't find a way to incorporate the music
        > part yet on the t-shirt.
        >
        > Another option this year would be to have the design on the back and
        > the front would have an emblem over the pocket area - as in a fireman's
        > t-shirt. I created the design on a black t-shirt. this revolves around
        > a collage of a couple of vintage computer games with graphics, both
        > ascii and bitmap -- each with their own significance -- limited to
        > pre-80's.
        >
        > Here they are:
        >
        > - amber/green design -- no it's not halloween :)
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-a.gif
        >
        > - red/blue design
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-b.gif
        >
        > - red/green design
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-c.gif
        >
        > - blue/green design
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0front2009-d.gif
        >
        > Pocket emblem
        >
        > - amber/green closeup

        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-a.gif

        > - red/blue closeup

        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-b.gif

        > - red/green closeup

        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-c.gif

        > - blue/green closeup

        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocketsm2009-d.gif

        > - amber/green t-shirt
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-a.gif
        >
        > - red/blue t-shirt
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-b.gif
        >
        > - red/green t-shirt
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-c.gif
        >
        > - blue/green t-shirt
        >
        > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/VCFeast6.0pocket2009-d.gif
        >
        > =Dan
        >
        > --
        > [ = http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/ ]

      • Bill Dromgoole

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 26, 2009

            > Dan,
            > I prefer a simple shirt, black with a little bit of green terminal-esque
            > writing, but that's just me.
            > Bill

            I agree with Bill D. (both of them!), and I instructed Dan R. to make
            that design and order the shirts.

            Speaking of which: Dan is now t-shirt man, and Kelly is BASIC Challenge
            Guru .... yes I'm finally learning to delegate and trust people. :)

            Hopefully we'll find more such activities, until I can sit back, watch
            you people do all the work, while I take credit. ;)
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 27, 2009

              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              Dan,
              I prefer a simple shirt, black with a little bit of green terminal-esque
              writing, but that's just me.
              Bill

              I agree with Bill D.

              ok, well, I'll come up with something.

              =Dan

            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 27, 2009

                http://hackaday.com/2009/07/26/dencon/

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 27, 2009
                  That sounds so cool. Wish I could go see it !

                    I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between colors.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
                      On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

                      > I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between
                      > colors.

                      I agree.

                      Alexey
                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                        I  whipped up something for this next revision.
                        Let me know what you think.
                        If you have some other suggestions for the caption, let's hear them.

                        Got Core ?
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core1.gif

                        Core Dump
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core2.gif

                        Core will never die, they just take a dump
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core3.gif

                        I need to take a Dump
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core4.gif

                        When you have Core, you'll always want more
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core5.gif

                        Press ENTER for Core dump
                        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core6.gif

                        =Dan

                      • Joe Giliberti

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
                            but blue/green isn't really computery

                            On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Alexey Toptygin <alexeyt@...> wrote:

                            On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

                            > I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between
                            > colors.

                            I agree.

                            Alexey

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                Aaaah!  My eyes!!!!
                                don't you like Core ?

                                Please try the terminal design that we discussed in private email.

                                I'm trying to work with everybody here, please let me worry about the artwork.

                                =Dan
                              • Dan Roganti
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                  Joe Giliberti wrote:
                                  I like these, but when the text is inside the "core," its hard on the eyes.

                                  yes, I 'see' your point

                                  =Dan
                                • evan@snarc.net
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
                                    I like core. But it looks like one of those 3-D posters that were a fad a while back. Also a terminal is something all VCF'ers will appreciate regardless of what they collect. Not everyone "gets" core.

                                    I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)

                                    From: Dan Roganti
                                    Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:44:17 -0400
                                    To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                                    Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] New Rev---Preview of VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts

                                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                    Aaaah!  My eyes!!!!
                                    don't you like Core ?

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                      evan@... wrote:
                                      I like core. But it looks like one of those 3-D posters that were a fad a while back.

                                      oh, now that's a good idea :)
                                      I can convert one into that.

                                      Also a terminal is something all VCF'ers will appreciate regardless of what they collect. Not everyone "gets" core.

                                      I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)
                                      easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?

                                      =Dan
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                        >> I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including
                                        >> the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)
                                        > easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?
                                        The links don't work now. But I recall that some of the exploding
                                        blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                                        "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                                        VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                                        it doesn't have the text inside!!
                                      • Dan Roganti
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                          Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                          I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including
                                          the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)

                                          easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?

                                          The links don't work now.  But I recall that some of the exploding
                                          blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                                          "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                                          VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                                          it doesn't have the text inside!!

                                          what a coincidence !
                                          That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K -- hahaha

                                          the link is here now

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                                            >>> easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see?
                                            >> The links don't work now. But I recall that some of the exploding
                                            >> blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                                            >> "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                                            >> VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                                            >> it doesn't have the text inside!!
                                            >>
                                            > what a coincidence !
                                            > That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K -- hahaha
                                            Coincidence huh .... stick with that story if you want, I think it's a
                                            conspiracy!! :)
                                          • Mr Ian Primus
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jul 29, 2009

                                              > > what a coincidence !
                                              > > That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K --
                                              > hahaha
                                              > Coincidence huh .... stick with that story if you want, I
                                              > think it's a
                                              > conspiracy!! :)

                                              Yeah - those letters would never stand for anything else, like Enterprise or Klingon. :)

                                              -Ian
                                            • ysgdhio
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jul 29, 2009
                                                My comments...

                                                The game designs are cute, but it gives the impression that we're all about games.
                                                We really need to push the COMPUTER aspect more.

                                                The core designs are way too busy.
                                                And those "taking a dump" references have got to go. Seriously.
                                                No adult in their right mind would wear that out in public.

                                                Maybe we should do our own version of the ADM3a shirt they did on the West Coast.
                                                (I've always thought that shirt was very classy in it's simplicity).
                                                We could have a large outline of the ADM-3a in green on a black shirt,
                                                and use the "screen" for the name of the event (in a terminal font*).

                                                Speaking of which...
                                                The name of the event is "Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0".
                                                The designs I've seen have it broken up to read
                                                "Vintage Computer Festival" (design) "East 6.0 Infoage".
                                                Please don't break that up.
                                                It should read "Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0".

                                                Andy

                                                * MICR is not a terminal font. In a pinch, Courier might work.
                                              • Andrew Molloy
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 4 7:18 PM
                                                  On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Dan Roganti<ragooman@...> wrote:

                                                  > the link is here now
                                                  > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/
                                                  >
                                                  > =Dan

                                                  Dan, I like version D the best.

                                                  Andy
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Aug 5 10:27 AM
                                                    Dan and all,

                                                    I really like the core designs but the core needs to be much larger for
                                                    it to be recognizable (even by people like us) when printed on a tee
                                                    shirt. Tee shirts are very low resolution...

                                                    Jim