Re: [midatlanticretro] Possible VCF panel discussion
- It's absolutely a great idea. I think everyone would be interested in this. It would inform as well as entertain. I find it useful to hear about what others know or think about regarding certain topics. I am an end unto myself, but another person knows something I dont know. This would be a structured way of doing what I'm pretty sure everyone does informally through interaction, but much better because it expands the people involved. The more diversity of thoughts and ideas the better----- Original Message -----From: evan@...Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:57 AMSubject: [midatlanticretro] Possible VCF panel discussion
Here's an idea for a VCF panel discussion: "Current Topics in the Vintage Computing Hobby."
We'd have three or four panelists on stage, with yours truly being the moderator. Topics could be:
- merits vs obsolescence of the 10-year-rule (NOT an invitation to discuss the "rule" in this particular email thread)
- what's going to be collectible in the future
- craigslist vs ebay vs hobby forums
- role of museums, mailing lists, forums, blogs, etc.
Anyone have suggestions for other discussion topics?
This would all be followed by audience Q&A.
What does MARCH think? You guys interested in an hour or two of discussing our hobby like this at the VCF?
The idea is a result of my brainstorming because we are having trouble finding guest speakers this year. I think it's a good idea regardless.