Re: Items needed for MARCH microcomputer museum room

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24 8:20 AM

      > That's the "official" C-64 printer if you trust Wikipedia.
      >
      > > I have a Commodore 1526 printer, but I'm not sure when it was
      > > released. Anyone know where I can find out?

      Let me dig through my crap. I think I have a CBM MPS-802 printer. I also had an MPS-801, but man, that fell off the TV set so many times and broke off so many pieces, I think I tossed it when I moved out of Queens... But following me around in a box someplace is a few reams of prinouts from that thing. That was one tough printer...

      Early terminal software didn't let you save what was in the buffer nor let you scroll back, but I was able to print out. So I'd often dial up a BBS, hit up their list of other BBS's, let it all scroll by at 300 baud, and then print.

      I'd then stay up the rest of the night, dialing up every one on the list, and printing their list of BBS's and so on.

      Good times.