Items needed for MARCH microcomputer museum room

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2009
      Here are some things we need for the museum microcomputer exhibit room.

      - Appropriate dot-matrix printers for the Pet, TRS-80, C-64
      - Appropriate printer for the Mac -- would this be an Apple-branded
      Canon inkjet?
      - Appropriate disk drive an expansion module for the TRS-80
      - Appropriate mouse pad for the Mac

      By all these uses of "appropriate" I mean "What would have been sold
      when the computer was new."
    • Joe Giliberti

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 23, 2009
          > Did you ever go through the basement some more? There has to be stuff
          > down there.
          Yes, last night. Still have to look through our second stash in the
          H-building though ....
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 23, 2009
            Also not everything in our collection is in displayable condition. For
            example I found a Commodore printer but its plastic top cover is badly
            broken.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 23, 2009
              That's the "official" C-64 printer if you trust Wikipedia.

            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 23, 2009
                I have a Commodore 1526 printer, but I'm not sure when it was released. Anyone know where I can find out ?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24, 2009
                  > Appropriate dot-matrix printer for the TRS-80

                  The ideal printer for the TRS-80 would be either

                  26-1150 TRS-80 Line Printer or
                  26-1151 TRS-80 Screen Printer

                  See http://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/trs-80-computer-line/printers/ for details.

                  The line printer requires the EI to work. The screen printer does not.

                  I think the screen printer requires that grey funky aluminized paper, which may be hard to get (well harder than pinfed paper).

                  Kelly
                • Brian Cirulnick
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 24, 2009

                    > That's the "official" C-64 printer if you trust Wikipedia.
                    >
                    > > I have a Commodore 1526 printer, but I'm not sure when it was
                    > > released. Anyone know where I can find out?

                    Let me dig through my crap. I think I have a CBM MPS-802 printer. I also had an MPS-801, but man, that fell off the TV set so many times and broke off so many pieces, I think I tossed it when I moved out of Queens... But following me around in a box someplace is a few reams of prinouts from that thing. That was one tough printer...

                    Early terminal software didn't let you save what was in the buffer nor let you scroll back, but I was able to print out. So I'd often dial up a BBS, hit up their list of other BBS's, let it all scroll by at 300 baud, and then print.

                    I'd then stay up the rest of the night, dialing up every one on the list, and printing their list of BBS's and so on.

                    Good times.