Saturday museum wrap-up

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 11, 2009
      Long day, very productive!

      Mark, Bill Drom., and myself -- with help of InfoAge's two laborers and a new InfoAge volunteer named Lou -- started around 11-ish and moved six desks into room #3 for the "consumer micro" exhibit. Then we moved five 42-inch-wide gray cubicle dividers for the Camp Evans poster exhibit.

      After that Jeff F. arrived; "Lou and the Laborers" went to do other InfoAge tasks so it was just we four MARCHins. Important task: we ate lunch. Good sandwiches from the local Italian deli.

      After lunch, Bill Drom. and Jeff moved the original micro exhibit, minus the Altair and Osborne, into room 3 -- so each computer now has its own desk and each will soon have a full complement of peripherals, books, etc. -- best of all this room has lots of open space.

      Meanwhile, Mark and I went to Home Depot to get some supplies for the Camp Evans exhibit. BD and Jeff were done when we got back; all six micros were plugged in and working again.

      Mark had to leave for his 3-hour ride home. So BD, Jeff, and I began assembling the cubicle dividers. We ran into some technical glitches and a problem with a door lock. But by that time it was almost 6pm and time for the InfoAge volunteer party.

      Steve G. began fixing the room #1 door lock after the party; he's going to finish tomorrow. Also tomorrow Jeff is coming back around noon-ish. Our museum will be closed as we try to finish the Camp Evans poster exhibit. Then we'll clean up some things and dive into room #2 (which we skipped in the past for a variety of InfoAge reasons). This will be our Homebrew-era exhibit.

      Overall, a great day! Six or seven hours of real work and we got a lot done.

      BIG THANKS to Mark, Bill Drom., and Jeff F. And of course our best-friend-of-MARCH, Steve G.

      I'm looking forward to continuing the work tomorrow.

      During the week I will make posters for the new micro exhibit, etc.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 15, 2009
        I would take it, but I'm not going to go all the way to long island for it.

        Date: 2009-07-15, 1:23PM EDT

        vintage commodore 64 computer with diskdrive and power switch thingy and cables and wires, wooo! i picked this up somewhere, thought maybe i'd try it out, but never bothered. haven't tested and selling as is. selling for only ONE DOLLAR! i mean COME ON! i'm in kings park, long island. if you never heard of that please mapquest it. thanks. i'm not gonna respond to people from the city, it's not worth it, and i'm not gonna meet up with you somewhere. come get c64. thanks. whatever is in the photo is included.

        • Location: west suffolk, long island
        • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
        image 1271353837-0