Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: albums

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28 6:34 PM
      Evan wrote:
      I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure, because there are many boxes we have not sorted through.

      There are lots of slides, books, etc., which aren't delivered from Mr. Grabbe to InfoAge yet.

      For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer who donated most of the InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.

      I can't wait to get a look at that collection. The entire lot came from one person?
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28 6:45 PM
        Evan...if there are any disks in those boxes, theyre
        hanging out in way less then favorable conditions.
        Someone ought to go through them.
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        <starbase89@...> wrote:
        > Evan wrote:
        >
        > > I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure,
        because there are many
        > > boxes we have not sorted through.
        > >
        > > There are lots of slides, books, etc., which
        aren't delivered from Mr.
        > > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
        > >
        > > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer
        who donated most of
        > > the InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.
        > >

        > I can't wait to get a look at that collection. The
        entire lot came from
        > one person?

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28 6:55 PM
          Well, most of it is from Grabbe.  We are adding a few other things, for example, we obtained that IBM luggable, and at the InfoAge open house day we obtained an HP 300A harmonic wave analyzer (not a computer but cool anyway.)

          Only about half of the Grabbe collection is there right now, the other half is yet to be moved.

          I'm busy for the next few weekends, but can make time to show you around the facility sometime next month.

          Send me your phone # in an off-list email.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28 6:59 PM
            Good point.  When can you go there, catalog everything, purchase acceptable cases, and make some nice displays?   ;)

            <starbase89@...> wrote:
            > Evan wrote:
            >
            > > I think it's 99% hardware, but
            can't be sure,
            because there are many
            > > boxes we have not sorted
            through.

            > > There are lots of slides, books, etc.,
            which
            aren't delivered from Mr.
            > > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
            > >
            > > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an
            old-timer
            who donated most of
            > > the InfoAge collection which
            we're inheriting.

            > I can't wait to get a look
            at that collection. The
            entire lot came from
            > one
            person?

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 28 8:46 PM
              All,

              From conversations with people at Infoage at the gala grand opening, the
              stuff in the basement at Infoage is 20-50% of the collection (depending on
              how you count). We need to organize a trip to get the balance of the
              collection which is still in Mr. Grabbe's garage (or some such). This
              remaining stuff could be anything from software to resistors.

              Jim

              --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

              > I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure, because there are many boxes
              > we have not sorted through.
              >
              > There are lots of slides, books, etc., which aren't delivered from Mr.
              > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
              >
              > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer who donated most of the
              > InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.
              >
              > _____

              =Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=t9pasmT3
              > 2p-p2BvQtk8vAw> computer Field

              +trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=Et_lpqgaXhbeqt
              > lUXREsiw> trip Computer

              2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=lTI9crE
              > 846HktRyJ9cnRXA> security
              > Computer

              2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=vvepx7-