Re: [midatlanticretro] My first solo museum day...phew!

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2009
      Joe, thanks for the report.

      Life will be better for me, with you or Jeff B. providing back up every few weeks.

      All: Now that room 3 is empty, our next step is to put cheap carpet in there, followed by the microcomputer exhibit. We'll put just six computers in there: Commodore Pet, TRS-80, Apple II, IBM PC 5150, Commodore 64, Mac 128K. These will probably be full systems on individual desks, not bare-bones systems on tables like we have currently.

      If there is room then perhaps we can put in shelves to hold the "honorable mentions".

      The space that currently hosts our micro exhibit in room 1 will be used for the "Computing at Camp Evans" poster exhibit. This may include some artifacts -- to be determined.

      Then we can design the homebrew-era exhibit for room 2.

      Room 4 will be the "miscellaneous" exhibit, artifact of the month, members' demo, etc.

      I am 100% confident that we can finish these exhibits in time for VCF.

      From: Joe Giliberti
      Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:52:38 -0400
      To: midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] My first solo museum day...phew!

      Pretty uneventful today. There was one small group early on. It was 2 small kids and their (grand?)father. They were there for the shipwreck museum, but their (grand?)father wanted them to see everything. That lasted about a minute.

      Toward the end though, there was a group of 8 or so older kids and adults. The parents, and some of the kids even recognized some machines.

      I transferred the remaining contents of room 3 into room 4, including all tables, sheets, and the blue teletype tape drive.

      While doing so, I noticed that a red switch had broken off the IMSAI. To quote Bart Simpson, "I didn't do it."   Seriously.
      The broken switch currently resides in an envelope with the instructions for the SWTPC, which is in the back left corner of room 4 on the display case.
      There is still a good deal of space in Room 4, for when we empty the hotel room.

      Evan, how was the game?

      Joe