Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Possible OT: Random stuff up for grabs

  • John S
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2009
      I'm interested in the Atari monitor, but can't afford to make any more deals atm, as I'm negotiating for a Zenith and an IBM 5160 atm which I already have to wait a paycheck for, heh.

      On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM, John S <eyesofaraven@...> wrote:
      My friend says he'll do the deal for the Velo, he sounds quite excited. He used to have one but it got decimated by his father by accident. He says he'll have the money for it "ASAP". I just gave him your email address, so expect to hear from him soon.

      On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Richard A. Cini <rcini@...> wrote:

      I also just found an Atari monitor – SC1224. I remember buying it for $25 to be modified for use with a Tandy 2000 because the sync specs are the same. It’s kind of heavy so I would recommend that if anyone’s interested, and they’re near Long Island, they should pick it up.

      On 7/4/09 4:19 PM, "Richard A. Cini" <rcini@...> wrote:

      Update: The TVT and P112 board have been spoken for. The rest is still available.

      On 7/4/09 2:42 PM, "Richard A. Cini" <rcini@...> wrote:

      All:

          I just located a few things in my shop that I’d like to part with. Make an offer on the following (no reasonable offer refused) plus shipping from 11791.

          *   Philips Velo 1 monochrome Windows CE palmtop. Comes with book, software, base and AC adapter.
          *   Dave Brooks P112 Z180 SBC. Fully built a few years ago and shelved but never tested; probably works but don’t have the time to tinker with it.
          *   National Semiconductor “AirShare” serial port radio modem. Supposed to replace serial cables between peripherals. Bought for a project
              that never happened.
          *   Serial port add-on for Radio Shack Model I, I believe designed as a kit by Steve Ciarcia. Comes with AC adapter. Received as a trade and
              I never used it. Should work but no way to test.
          *   IBM PowerPC 405 single-board computer. Called the IBM “Walnut” platform. Seems to have been from some sort of failed dot-com that
              produced a media hub computer. Supposedly will remote boot Linux (www.Denx.de) but I could never get it to remotely boot properly. I’ll include
              a CD with whatever info I have.
          *   Don Lancaster’s TV Typewriter kit. Intact with all parts; board partially built (sockets/jacks only). Article reprint is disintegrating; includes
              original packing slip (but no date). I paid $55 for this a while ago so I’d like to recover that if possible.

          Please contact me off list if interested. Thanks!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers