RE: [midatlanticretro] Commodore P500

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      Very cool. Keep us up to date on your progress. It's interesting that the keyboard had a number pad on the right. I guess they wanted to save space later on with c64. The p500 keyboard has a more typewriter feel to it than a computer keyboard.

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: billdeg@...
      Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:17:41 -0400
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Commodore P500

      Here's what I have finished so far - a few pictures -
      http://vintagecompu ter.net/browse_ thread.cfm? id=258

      At some point I will be converting from PAL and 220V to NTSC and 110V.  For the timebeing I have just swapped the VIC-II chips so I could at least see something albeit black and white.

      According to sources the P500 line was canceled before official launch and all units were recalled.   Some unknown number of units sold without permission.  1000-3000 were supposedly produced, mostly in Europe, and these were supposedly bulldozed/destroyed .

      Bill

      Jeffrey Brace wrote:
      I didn't know you had a Commodore P500, much less I had never heard of it until now.  I did a quick google search (http://www.von- bassewitz. de/uz/oldcompute rs/p500/) and it seems to be pretty rare. Maybe as rare as a C65.  Great find !  Let me know how you make out !