Re: [midatlanticretro] Commodore P500

  • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      Cool... I tried the HP

      The Power Supply works, the unit doesn't  The display doesn't show anything. It is supposed to.. Thanks to the SEBHC guys I got manuals and I am trying to figure out the problem..

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
        I have had it for years, but I am finally getting around to cnverting to NTSC.
        bd

        I didn't know you had a Commodore P500, much less I had never heard of it until now.  I did a quick google search (http://www.von-bassewitz.de/uz/oldcomputers/p500/) and it seems to be pretty rare. Maybe as rare as a C65.  Great find !  Let me know how you make out !

        Hi - for anyone interested I was able to finally get my Commodore P500
        to boot. The P500 has a SID chip, that's all I am saying.
        Happy 4th.
        Bill

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
            Here's what I have finished so far - a few pictures -

            At some point I will be converting from PAL and 220V to NTSC and 110V.  For the timebeing I have just swapped the VIC-II chips so I could at least see something albeit black and white.

            According to sources the P500 line was canceled before official launch and all units were recalled.   Some unknown number of units sold without permission.  1000-3000 were supposedly produced, mostly in Europe, and these were supposedly bulldozed/destroyed.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
              Very cool. Keep us up to date on your progress. It's interesting that the keyboard had a number pad on the right. I guess they wanted to save space later on with c64. The p500 keyboard has a more typewriter feel to it than a computer keyboard.

              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              From: billdeg@...
              Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:17:41 -0400

              Here's what I have finished so far - a few pictures -
              http://vintagecompu ter.net/browse_ thread.cfm? id=258