Commodore P500

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi - for anyone interested I was able to finally get my Commodore P500
      to boot. The P500 has a SID chip, that's all I am saying.
      Happy 4th.
      Bill
    • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
        Cool... I tried the HP

        The Power Supply works, the unit doesn't  The display doesn't show anything. It is supposed to.. Thanks to the SEBHC guys I got manuals and I am trying to figure out the problem..

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
          I have had it for years, but I am finally getting around to cnverting to NTSC.
          bd

          I didn't know you had a Commodore P500, much less I had never heard of it until now.  I did a quick google search (http://www.von-bassewitz.de/uz/oldcomputers/p500/) and it seems to be pretty rare. Maybe as rare as a C65.  Great find !  Let me know how you make out !

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
              Here's what I have finished so far - a few pictures -

              At some point I will be converting from PAL and 220V to NTSC and 110V.  For the timebeing I have just swapped the VIC-II chips so I could at least see something albeit black and white.

              According to sources the P500 line was canceled before official launch and all units were recalled.   Some unknown number of units sold without permission.  1000-3000 were supposedly produced, mostly in Europe, and these were supposedly bulldozed/destroyed.

              Bill

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
                Very cool. Keep us up to date on your progress. It's interesting that the keyboard had a number pad on the right. I guess they wanted to save space later on with c64. The p500 keyboard has a more typewriter feel to it than a computer keyboard.

                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                From: billdeg@...
                Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:17:41 -0400

                Here's what I have finished so far - a few pictures -
                http://vintagecompu ter.net/browse_ thread.cfm? id=258