albums

  • jtkirk1337
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
      Wow. There is a lot at Infoage. More than I expected. Curious. That
      picture of the Apple 1, is that from someone's collection or just
      something from the internet?

      -Joe
    • chrism3667
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "jtkirk1337" <starbase89@o...>
        wrote:
        > Wow. There is a lot at Infoage. More than I expected. Curious. That
        > picture of the Apple 1, is that from someone's collection or just
        > something from the internet?
        >
        > -Joe

        That stuph isn't at Infoage Joe. Just pix we tacked up for amusement.
        But...Land O' Goshen! Is that an NEC APC in the bottom left hand corner
        of infoage01.jpg??? Can't see much of the actual puter, but the
        keyboard is a dead ringer.
        Evan, is there any software/disks in this collection?
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
          >>> Evan, is there any software/disks in this collection?
          I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure, because there are many boxes we have not sorted through.

          There are lots of slides, books, etc., which aren't delivered from Mr. Grabbe to InfoAge yet.

          For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer who donated most of the InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
            that thing is an APC. I'm positive of it now.

            --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

            > collection?
            >
            > I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure,
            > because there are many boxes
            > we have not sorted through.
            >
            > There are lots of slides, books, etc., which aren't
            > delivered from Mr.
            > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
            >
            > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer
            > who donated most of the
            > InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.
            >
            > _____

            =Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=t9pasmT3
            > 2p-p2BvQtk8vAw> computer Field

            +trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=Et_lpqgaXhbeqt
            > lUXREsiw> trip Computer

            2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=lTI9crE
            > 846HktRyJ9cnRXA> security
            > Computer

            2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=vvepx7-
            > O7ZQcFHPC0FpTNA> training
            >
            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
            > on the web.

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service
            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
            >

            > _____

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
              Evan wrote:
              I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure, because there are many boxes we have not sorted through.

              There are lots of slides, books, etc., which aren't delivered from Mr. Grabbe to InfoAge yet.

              For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer who donated most of the InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.

              I can't wait to get a look at that collection. The entire lot came from one person?
            • Chris M
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
                Evan...if there are any disks in those boxes, theyre
                hanging out in way less then favorable conditions.
                Someone ought to go through them.
                <starbase89@...> wrote:
                > Evan wrote:
                >
                > > I think it's 99% hardware, but can't be sure,
                because there are many
                > > boxes we have not sorted through.
                > >
                > > There are lots of slides, books, etc., which
                aren't delivered from Mr.
                > > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
                > >
                > > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an old-timer
                who donated most of
                > > the InfoAge collection which we're inheriting.
                > >

                > I can't wait to get a look at that collection. The
                entire lot came from
                > one person?

                __________________________________
                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Evan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
                  Well, most of it is from Grabbe.  We are adding a few other things, for example, we obtained that IBM luggable, and at the InfoAge open house day we obtained an HP 300A harmonic wave analyzer (not a computer but cool anyway.)

                  Only about half of the Grabbe collection is there right now, the other half is yet to be moved.

                  I'm busy for the next few weekends, but can make time to show you around the facility sometime next month.

                  Send me your phone # in an off-list email.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
                    Good point.  When can you go there, catalog everything, purchase acceptable cases, and make some nice displays?   ;)

                    <starbase89@...> wrote:
                    > Evan wrote:
                    >
                    > > I think it's 99% hardware, but
                    can't be sure,
                    because there are many
                    > > boxes we have not sorted
                    through.

                    > > There are lots of slides, books, etc.,
                    which
                    aren't delivered from Mr.
                    > > Grabbe to InfoAge yet.
                    > >
                    > > For the newcomers: Dimitri Grabbe is an
                    old-timer
                    who donated most of
                    > > the InfoAge collection which
                    we're inheriting.

                    > I can't wait to get a look
                    at that collection. The
                    entire lot came from
                    > one
                    person?

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 28, 2005
                      All,

                      From conversations with people at Infoage at the gala grand opening, the
                      stuff in the basement at Infoage is 20-50% of the collection (depending on
                      how you count). We need to organize a trip to get the balance of the
                      collection which is still in Mr. Grabbe's garage (or some such). This
                      remaining stuff could be anything from software to resistors.

                      Jim