Re: OT: RE: [midatlanticretro] TV commercial

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 8:03 AM
      I saw a Subaru commercial just now.  They showed a kid playing Atari
      2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
      t-shirt.

      Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
      me want a Subaru.

      Speaking of childhood car commercials...
      I don't know if you recall the GI-Joe Nissan commercial.
      That one almost got me out to buy a Nissan.

      I also remember a Hummer commercial, couple of years ago, featuring Space Invaders.

      I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4 8:08 AM
        We may have gotten older but we never grew up..

        --- On Sat, 7/4/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)

      • Joe Giliberti

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4 2:20 PM
            I believe there was another commercial (lexus?), a few months ago, where a kid getting an an Atari for Christmas and playing Asteroids or something staying up all night getting 100,000 or something.