OT: RE: [midatlanticretro] TV commercial

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > I saw a Subaru commercial just now. They showed a kid playing Atari
      > 2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
      > t-shirt.
      >
      > Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
      > me want a Subaru.

      Speaking of childhood car commercials...
      I don't know if you recall the GI-Joe Nissan commercial.
      That one almost got me out to buy a Nissan.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
        I saw a Subaru commercial just now.  They showed a kid playing Atari
        2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
        t-shirt.

        Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
        me want a Subaru.

        Speaking of childhood car commercials...
        I don't know if you recall the GI-Joe Nissan commercial.
        That one almost got me out to buy a Nissan.

        I also remember a Hummer commercial, couple of years ago, featuring Space Invaders.

        I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
          We may have gotten older but we never grew up..

          --- On Sat, 7/4/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)

        • Joe Giliberti

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
              I believe there was another commercial (lexus?), a few months ago, where a kid getting an an Atari for Christmas and playing Asteroids or something staying up all night getting 100,000 or something.