TV commercial

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      I saw a Subaru commercial just now. They showed a kid playing Atari
      2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
      t-shirt.

      Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
      me want a Subaru.
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > I saw a Subaru commercial just now. They showed a kid playing Atari
        > 2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
        > t-shirt.
        >
        > Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
        > me want a Subaru.

        Speaking of childhood car commercials...
        I don't know if you recall the GI-Joe Nissan commercial.
        That one almost got me out to buy a Nissan.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
          I saw a Subaru commercial just now.  They showed a kid playing Atari
          2600, then using a Commodore 64, then wearing a "Frankie says relax"
          t-shirt.

          Which pretty much summarizes my childhood in the 1980s, but doesn't make
          me want a Subaru.

          Speaking of childhood car commercials...
          I don't know if you recall the GI-Joe Nissan commercial.
          That one almost got me out to buy a Nissan.

          I also remember a Hummer commercial, couple of years ago, featuring Space Invaders.

          I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
            We may have gotten older but we never grew up..

            --- On Sat, 7/4/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            I sure hope that doesn't meant my generation of kids are becoming adults!!!   :)

          • Joe Giliberti

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
                I believe there was another commercial (lexus?), a few months ago, where a kid getting an an Atari for Christmas and playing Asteroids or something staying up all night getting 100,000 or something.