Re: [midatlanticretro] Apple II glitch

  • John S
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      I don't see any messages regarding this (my inbox is flooded with crap and I'm a nub with mailing lists) but glad it's fixed.

      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      Catch up on your unread messages .... this is long fixed.  :)

      Try pulling on the... erm... springy loady thingy (I don't know what to call it either) after inserting a disk, as it is supposed to be pushed out and sometimes doesn't get pushed out quite enough when the drive is too old.

      On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Eric Adler <tonsofpcs2@...> wrote:

      sounds like it may be an issue with the springy closing mechanism
      (yea, that's a technical term). Try loading and unloading a floppy
      you don't care about repeatedly, then load/unload nothing, then floppy
      again to give it some exercise (with the system off)