second batch of stuff available. philadelphia

  • msimonsmail
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
      This stuff must go quickly. This week. Please email me directly at msimons @ slackware.com with all contact information and a list of stuff that you wish to pick up.

      Includes some stuff listed before (some more details on some of it were in previous email.)

      I know MOST of it this time is not really 'vintage' or retro.

      Obviously the most vintage/retro stuff of interested would be the:
      Apple color monitor IIc
      DOS Zenith laptop
      DOS hardware & software
      Computer books (old)

      If someone wants to come get a batch of stuff, the SCSI boxes have not been requested yet other than on here...

      and for the record, the two types of light canisters I believe are track lighting.

      Other stuff may be of interest for infoage, etc., like a:
      CRT extension arm

      also curious is:
      Spectrum analyzer memory cards

      and here's the rest:
      Fax machine (2)
      Laserprinter toner (2)
      PC parts (miscellaneous)
      Modems (6)
      Zip drives
      Computer speakers
      SCSI boxes (10)
      Halo Power-Trac track light canisters (10)
      Heiliken light canisters (5)
      Imagewriter II
      MAC tablets (5)
      PC laser printer
      File cabinet (2-drawer)
      Time clocks (2)

      Flexible arm desk lamp
      Shredder (Security Engineered Machinery Co., Model 700)
      MAC Ethernet adapters (6)
      MAC keyboards (10)
      MAC parts (miscellaneous)
      Thinkjet printer (2)
      Stylewriter printer & ink

      Electrical breakout box (blue)
      Wooden desktop (small)
      Honda carjack
    • John S
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
        I have my friend looking into getting the following from him, but it depends on his location relative to my friend, etc.:
        1. Apple color monitor IIc
        2. DOS Zenith laptop
        3. DOS hardware & software
        4. Computer books (old)
        5. PC parts (miscellaneous)
        6. Imagewriter II
        7. MAC Ethernet adapters (6) (don't need all 10, maybe 2-3)
        8. MAC keyboards (10) (don't need all 10, maybe two)
        9. PC parts (miscellaneous) (any 8-bit ISA cards he has)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, John S <eyesofaraven@...> wrote:
          > I have my friend looking into getting the following from him, but it depends
          > on his location relative to my friend, etc.:

          For the record I found out this stuff is located in Cherry Hill, NJ if that makes it more convenient for anybody to get stuff. I also found out that there will be more stuff coming down the pipeline for certain.

          I also did: email with John's friend, and will be putting him in contact with the keeper of the stuff.
          --
          MS
        • John S
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
            Makes it less convenient actually. :(

            I thought the stuff was in Philly? That triples the travel time for me... My friend is on his way down to Dover now, so when he gets here I'll find out if he is in the mood to drive that far. I doubt it, but if not I have another friend who might in exchange for a pick from the stuff.

            I'll post back when I figure out what's up.

          • evan@snarc.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
              >>> I thought the stuff was in Philly? That triples the travel time for me...

              Huh? Cherry Hill is 15 minutes across the river from Philadelphia.
            • John S
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                I suppose I misunderstand where it is then, nvm.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
                  Yes, Cherry Hill is fairly easy to get to (right over the tacony-palmyra bridge, or other bridges of your choice just a short drive..)

                  Anyways, I did forward the contact information for John S's friend.

                  That being said, some others of you emailed me at my slackware email address, which unfortunately is down right now. :(

                  So, if you can email me again with the details at this yahoo address, it would be appreciated.

                  Also, since a couple of people from the MARCH list seem to be making efforts to pick up -- if you are further away and there is something you want, you can email me too, and maybe the other MARCHers would be kind enough to pick up things for you and somehow get them to you. :)

                  Speaking of which, nobody has claimed that CRT extension arm yet... I think it would be great for displays at InfoAge... Anybody? anybody? :) Evan... what do you think? Does anybody want to pick it up for the museum? :D

                  --
                  MS
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009

                    > Evan... what do you think? Does anybody want to pick it up for the museum?

                    Thanks, but we don't need it.
                  • John S

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
                        Sorry. :/

                        On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                        that's too bad. I would have wanted the stylewriter Sad smiley emoticon

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009