Re: Got the Heathkit H8

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009

      > So I went and got the heathkit H8
      >
      > Its a WH8 meaning it was pre-built
      >
      > It's got the following boards (based off the stickers in the back of the unit)
      >
      > H8-5           Serial I/O and cassette interface (1200 baud)
      > three H8-1   8K static RAM board (4K installed)
      > three H8-3   4K of static RAM chips for H8-1 board
      >
      > What is odd is the triple disk drive unit... It has an external unit that has 3 drives and I cannot find an example of this.. It's also a heathkit drive system, but with three drives and not two..

      Later versions of the drive cabinet took three drives vertically instead of two side-by-side. Come join us at SEBHC (Society of Eight Bit Heath Computerists)- www.sebhc.org - to learn more!

      Jack
    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009

        I have some political forcast software for the Apple II as well

        ---------------

        Now we can try and predict who will win the 1980 election!

        :-)
      • Brian Cirulnick
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009

          > Needless to say I have more $$ than brains and I don't have much $$$
          ----------

          Yeah, you're a dumbass. I should probably say this offlist, but you're stupid for not calling me. You probably wasted money to rent a car, but I would have loaned you the Jetta or just gone with you to get it...

          Anyhow.

          (Doing the anime thing and pulling down my eyelid) Myahh!
        • Brian Cirulnick
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009

            > On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >
            > >> unless I can show non working machines
            > > Nope! VCF requirement: majority of the machines in the exhibit must be
            > > alive and running.
            >
            > ...unless it's a SAGE. :-)

            -----------------

            That's because Infoage doesn't have enough electricity to power a SAGE.
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009
              yea.. you should have said that off list.

              > Needless to say I have more $$ than brains and I don't have much $$$

              Yeah, you're a dumbass. I should probably say this offlist, but you're stupid for not calling me. You probably wasted money to rent a car, but I would have loaned you the Jetta or just gone with you to get it...

              Anyhow.

              (Doing the anime thing and pulling down my eyelid) Myahh!

            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009
                LOL