Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Operation of an Adding machine (are old

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      > I would imagine WD40 would do more harm than good?

      Yes. It dries out and leaves a sticky residue so it may be better for a
      short time but will then be worse.

      I don't know what was normally done/used but suspect its like the teletype
      where you want a needle tipped oiler with a light oil and put a drop on
      each of the moving locations. Some parts may also want a light grease.

      If you can find a service manual for any related model it will give you
      the general idea on how it should be lubricated.

      Can't help with how it is operated.