Re: [midatlanticretro] Apple II glitch

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
      Catch up on your unread messages .... this is long fixed.  :)
      Try pulling on the... erm... springy loady thingy (I don't know what to call it either) after inserting a disk, as it is supposed to be pushed out and sometimes doesn't get pushed out quite enough when the drive is too old.

      On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Eric Adler <tonsofpcs2@...> wrote:

      sounds like it may be an issue with the springy closing mechanism
      (yea, that's a technical term). Try loading and unloading a floppy
      you don't care about repeatedly, then load/unload nothing, then floppy
      again to give it some exercise (with the system off)

      On 6/27/09, evan@... <evan@...> wrote:
      > Museum Apple II+ won't boot. I tried other disks. Drive spins, nothing
      > happens though. Somebody want to come by today or tomorrow and fix it?

    • John S
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        I don't see any messages regarding this (my inbox is flooded with crap and I'm a nub with mailing lists) but glad it's fixed.