Re: [midatlanticretro] Next official work day: Sat., July 11
- My truck may be out of the picture. I overheated on the way to target today. If all we were to get is carpet, we could use my Mom's SUV.
JoeOn Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM, <evan@...> wrote:
I'll have to get back to you.
From: Joe Giliberti
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:02:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Next official work day: Sat., July 11Evan:
Considering both of us have semi-empty schedules in the week, what about sometime this week. I won't be available on the 11-12 weekend.
JoeOn Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
Very good flow of visitors this past Sunday. Easily in the double
figures. A great follow-up to the visitors from the previous day's
InfoAge car show.
More problems with our IBM PC though. This time it wouldn't even boot
to ROM. Someone more experienced than me should look at it.
Next work day is officially scheduled for Saturday, July 11. This is an
exhibits work day -- not a party or swap meet or tech day -- but of
course it's cool to bring specific things if anyone works out a
Things we still have to do:
- Empty old hotel room (waaaaay overdue) and empty random stuff from
exhibit rooms. This can probably be done in a few hours with a few
people. It's NOT a crapload of stuff like in the past.
- Pick up cheap carpet for our two rooms that lack it. Joe: perhaps you
and I can do this ahead of the workday, using your SUV or Fred's pickup.
- Set up desks/tables for exhibit plan. InfoAge has LOTS of desks we
We do NOT need to do any further painting. That's the good news. :)
We'll finish the MARCH library some other time. Maybe post-VCF, or
later this summer if there is time. For now our library books are
safely stored in boxes. It is more important right now to build more
museum exhibits. InfoAge visitorship is ramping up and so should we!
- Agenda for this Saturday:
- I'll get there around 10-ish.
- Mark D. says he will attend, and Chris will be there in the
afternoon. Who else can help?
- Empty our old hotel room. It won't take too long.
- Put six desks into room 3. InfoAge has lots of matching desks. We'll
have to move them on carts.
- Move six computers from room 1 onto these desks -- Pet, TRS-80, Apple
II, IBM PC, C-64, Mac.
- Bring in (from our storage areas) any relevant peripherals for these
- Set up cubicle dividers for the upcoming poster exhibit in room 1
(Computing at Camp Evans). Note -- we're not actually setting up
cubicles, just some dividers to use as back panels, because real back
panels are expensive vs. InfoAge has lots of cubicle walls that we can
use for free.
- Paint floor of library room with sealer (which we have) ... but it's a
miserable gig that nobody really wants to do ...