re: [midatlanticretro] Re: (another) vintage computer article in Maximum PC Magazine

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009

      > Well, as usual, these types of articles always have a decidedly
      west-coast bent. This is a failure on our part. The west-coast evangelists
      have written the majority of books and seem to have the larger "public"
      collections, and therefore, they recieve the lion's share of the
      publicity.

      The Franklin 1000 is included, at least one system from our neck of the
      woods.

      > On the upside however, the photography in the article is very nice. It's
      unfortunate that the author didn't feel it was notable to indicate the date
      of each piece of "history". I guess the Sol-20 was built, what, 10 years
      ago?

      > I mean, that's a loooong time in computer years.

      That's a web master issue (maximum PC). The print version is much nicer
      and has the dates and other details.