Next official work day: Sat., July 11

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
      Very good flow of visitors this past Sunday. Easily in the double
      figures. A great follow-up to the visitors from the previous day's
      InfoAge car show.

      More problems with our IBM PC though. This time it wouldn't even boot
      to ROM. Someone more experienced than me should look at it.

      Next work day is officially scheduled for Saturday, July 11. This is an
      exhibits work day -- not a party or swap meet or tech day -- but of
      course it's cool to bring specific things if anyone works out a
      pre-trade, etc.

      Things we still have to do:
      - Empty old hotel room (waaaaay overdue) and empty random stuff from
      exhibit rooms. This can probably be done in a few hours with a few
      people. It's NOT a crapload of stuff like in the past.
      - Pick up cheap carpet for our two rooms that lack it. Joe: perhaps you
      and I can do this ahead of the workday, using your SUV or Fred's pickup.
      - Set up desks/tables for exhibit plan. InfoAge has LOTS of desks we
      can use.

      We do NOT need to do any further painting. That's the good news. :)

      We'll finish the MARCH library some other time. Maybe post-VCF, or
      later this summer if there is time. For now our library books are
      safely stored in boxes. It is more important right now to build more
      museum exhibits. InfoAge visitorship is ramping up and so should we!
    • Joe Giliberti

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
          I'll have to get back to you.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
            My truck may be out of the picture. I overheated on the way to target today. If all we were to get is carpet, we could use my Mom's SUV.

            Joe

            On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

            I'll have to get back to you.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
              Agenda for this Saturday:
              - I'll get there around 10-ish.
              - Mark D. says he will attend, and Chris will be there in the
              afternoon. Who else can help?

              First priority:
              - Empty our old hotel room. It won't take too long.

              Second priority:
              - Put six desks into room 3. InfoAge has lots of matching desks. We'll
              have to move them on carts.
              - Move six computers from room 1 onto these desks -- Pet, TRS-80, Apple
              II, IBM PC, C-64, Mac.
              - Bring in (from our storage areas) any relevant peripherals for these
              six computers.

              Third priority:
              - Set up cubicle dividers for the upcoming poster exhibit in room 1
              (Computing at Camp Evans). Note -- we're not actually setting up
              cubicles, just some dividers to use as back panels, because real back
              panels are expensive vs. InfoAge has lots of cubicle walls that we can
              use for free.

              Fourth priority:
              - Paint floor of library room with sealer (which we have) ... but it's a
              miserable gig that nobody really wants to do ...