Re: [midatlanticretro] IMSAI8080 was Re: What is Vintage?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009

      >> However people like Bill are the exception. Most professors in such programs are tenured and have advanced degrees in history and/or computer science.
      > I won't debate you on that point as it's (unfortunately) true

      Why do you find that unfortunate?

      Just because they're professors / Ph.D.s does not mean they lack the
      experience than hobbyists/collectors have. Quite the opposite; most of
      hobbyists/collectors who I know can learn a LOT from the academic site
      of computer history.

      In fact that was the topic of my lecture at the Society for the History
      of Technology conference in 2007 -- "Bridging the gap between hobbyists
      and historians of computer history."