HP Portable Vectra CS?

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
      Steve dragged me to a local flea market this morning. I bought the only (semi?)-vintage computer they had, an HP Portable Vectra CS. No power adapter and condition unknown.

      I think it's from 1986 or 1987. Has dual 3.5 floppies and a removeable LCD.

      In other words, too new to be interesting for me. But it was only seven dollars. :)

      I'm not at a computer until tonight. Someone please Google this thing and find out what it's all about.
    • Joe Giliberti

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
              Originally $2495 list price. Introduced in 1987.

              On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Joe Giliberti wrote:

              > It has an 8086 compatible processor running at 7.16MHz
              >
              > On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Joe Giliberti
              > <starbase89@...> wrote:
              > So far, I can tell you that it has 2 1.44M drives and supports a
              > resolution of 640x400
              > more to come

            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
                the monitor is CGA resolution, and the external monitor will put out CGA and EGA in color
                It weighs 17.6 lbs