Re: [midatlanticretro] Craigslist: Antique Wang Professional Computer - $150

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2009
      Intriguing - but the seller's not quite on the right track. It's a 2200, not a Wang Professional and almost certainly not 286-based. In fact even the original Wang Professional Computer wasn't 286-based.

      -Dave

      Date: 2009-06-20, 5:03PM EDT

      This is an old Wang Professional Computer CPU. I believe it is based on a 286 processor. It doesn't include a keyboard or monitor. This unit was working when I acquired it 20 years ago, but I have never used it. It was being used to develop a multi-user database system based on networked Wang 286 PCs. I believe the programming was done by tying this unit into the network, so it didn't need its own keyboard and monitor. The unit includes an 8" floppy Drive and a Quantum Q2000 hard drive. It comes with the software, disks, and manuals shown in the photos. Probable age is 25 years old. I didn't measure the cabinet, but it is about 20" wide x 30" long x 24" high. It weighs about 100 - 150 LBs. It is mounted on casters, so it can be rolled around. I would like to sell this unit to a collector, museum, or hobbyist as a complete unit if possible. If not, I'll just disassemble it and part it out for the rare drives and PS.

      If you want to see or buy this item, please e-mail me and include your phone number. Thank you. I follow Craigslist policy and delete ads after the item is sold. If you see this ad, the item is likely still available. To see high res photos, click the thumbnails below. High Res Image will open in a new tab or window.