Apple II glitch

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2009
      Museum Apple II+ won't boot. I tried other disks. Drive spins, nothing happens though. Somebody want to come by today or tomorrow and fix it?
    • Eric Adler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
        sounds like it may be an issue with the springy closing mechanism
        (yea, that's a technical term). Try loading and unloading a floppy
        you don't care about repeatedly, then load/unload nothing, then floppy
        again to give it some exercise (with the system off)

        On 6/27/09, evan@... <evan@...> wrote:
        > Museum Apple II+ won't boot. I tried other disks. Drive spins, nothing
        > happens though. Somebody want to come by today or tomorrow and fix it?

        Sent from my mobile device
      • John S
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
          Try pulling on the... erm... springy loady thingy (I don't know what to call it either) after inserting a disk, as it is supposed to be pushed out and sometimes doesn't get pushed out quite enough when the drive is too old.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
            Catch up on your unread messages .... this is long fixed.  :)

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 12:22 PM
              I don't see any messages regarding this (my inbox is flooded with crap and I'm a nub with mailing lists) but glad it's fixed.