Anyone want a Timex Sinclair 1000?

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2005
      A gentleman came into my office today with a Timex Sinclair 1000
      (same as the ZX81). He was responding to my ad in the local
      paper "Delaware Computer Museum - we buy or accept donations of 1985
      or older computers..."

      The Timex was in good shape but I did not attach to a TV set to
      test. The unit includes the 16K module that snaps into the back, and
      RF Converter, no box (as of this writing but the seller is going to
      look, he thinks he knows where it is). Assume for now there is no
      box.

      I am not particularly interested in this computer, but if anyone in
      this group would like me to pick it up for them I would be happy to
      deliver to the TCF next month and they can pay me back or visit my
      company's credit card payment page to cover the cost.

      Please send me your offers and I will relay to the potential seller.

      -Bill
    • evan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2005
        I'm sure someone will want that eventually. Might as well put it in the swap
        meet database too.

        --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > A gentleman came into my office today with a Timex Sinclair 1000
        > (same as the ZX81). He was responding to my ad in the local
        > paper "Delaware Computer Museum - we buy or accept donations of 1985
        > or older computers..."
        >
        > The Timex was in good shape but I did not attach to a TV set to
        > test. The unit includes the 16K module that snaps into the back, and
        > RF Converter, no box (as of this writing but the seller is going to
        > look, he thinks he knows where it is). Assume for now there is no
        > box.
        >
        > I am not particularly interested in this computer, but if anyone in
        > this group would like me to pick it up for them I would be happy to
        > deliver to the TCF next month and they can pay me back or visit my
        > company's credit card payment page to cover the cost.
        >
        > Please send me your offers and I will relay to the potential seller.
        >
        > -Bill

        Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

        *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
        - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
        - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
        - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!