Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: What is Vintage?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26, 2009

      > What part made you speechless?
      >
      > The part that I believe that the reason why the IMSAI 8080 is popular is War Games or that it's not historical?

      Not to speak for Bill, but I'm guessing his reply will be, "Both."

      The IMSAI was extremely popular when it was new and all through the late
      1970s. WarGames made it popular in mainstream culture (to people who
      didn't know computers other than Apple / Commodore / Tandy), but it's
      not like the IMSAI was uncommon vs. its direct competition of Altair,
      Cromemco, SWTPC, etc.

      As for "not historic" I think that completely misses the mark.