VCF on Facebook

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2009
      I created a VCF East page on Facebook. Just type vintage computer
      festival in FB's search bar.

      Those of you who have FB accounts, please share the event link as widely
      as possible!!!
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2009
        Also I blatantly posted Mike L.'s photos from VCF East 3/4/5 .... thank
        you Mike. :)

        Anyone have good crowd shots??? Need some crowd shots from the exhibit
        floors and lectures (any year).

        > I created a VCF East page on Facebook. Just type vintage computer
        > festival in FB's search bar.
        >
        > Those of you who have FB accounts, please share the event link as widely
        > as possible!!!

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2009

          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          Also I blatantly posted Mike L.'s photos from VCF East 3/4/5 .... thank
          you Mike.   :)

          Anyone have good crowd shots???  Need some crowd shots from the exhibit
          floors and lectures (any year).

          I don't have any crowd shots, but I saved a video I took of the ENIAC lecture.
          It's only a 3min clip but worth seeing again.
          I'll upload another clip of the Fred Carl speech too.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Ragooman

          =Dan

        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2009
            Thanks

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 21, 2011
              VCF East 7.0 is on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Computer-Festival-East-70/127999343939478

              Yes, that link stinks. Facebook says we need 25 page fans before we're
              entitled to a customized link. So please "like" and become a fan of our
              page ASAP.
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                VCF East 7.0 is on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Computer-Festival-East-70/127999343939478

                Yes, that link stinks.  Facebook says we need 25 page fans before we're
                entitled to a customized link.  So please "like" and become a fan of our
                page ASAP.

                I joined

                I think more important is,
                Can you change it to 8.0 and so on, for later on.
                So then you don't have to start another page, wait again for new members,etc, etc.
                Usually a Group page's Title isn't so date/number centric, just the Title is good.
                Because I'm sure the intention is have many more future events too.

                =Dan

              • BobShuster
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                  Yay! I was number 25. Is there a prize? :)

                  Bob

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                    > Yes, that link stinks. Facebook says we need 25 page fans before we're entitled to a customized link. So please "like" and become a fan of our page ASAP.

                    We are facebook.com/vcfeast7
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                      > I think more important is, Can you change it to 8.0 and so on, for
                      > later on.
                      > So then you don't have to start another page, wait again for new
                      > members,etc, etc.
                      > Usually a Group page's Title isn't so date/number centric, just the
                      > Title is good.
                      > Because I'm sure the intention is have many more future events too.

                      Too late.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
                        Our experiment with a Facebook VCF page is going well. I'm trying to
                        get spread via the walls of popular people. Posted on Woz's wall.
                        Crunch said he'll get around to it; Jeri Ellsworth already did. And for
                        all you Commodore fanboys, she says she might attend....