Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF speakers - Project Delta or Plato

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009

      David Ahl was a very big proponent of computer education during the 70's
      That's one of the reasons why we had a minicomputer at my high school back then.
      We had everything from clanking ASR's, DECWriters to Hazeltines too.

      =Dan

      Bill Degnan wrote:
      Evan/All,
      In the 70's and maybe 80's there was a University of Delaware project
      called "Project Delta" which involved DEC equipement and kids using
      computers, etc.  They called it CIE (computers in education).  They were
      also big proponents of the Plato system.  Does anyone know of a person
      locally involved with these projects?  Plato was a cool mini-computer
      driven education tool that I remember using as a kid, it would be great if
      there were still some of those systems available or a person to talk about
      them.  Early touch screen technology, and so on.