Re: [midatlanticretro] Vintage Computer Workshop report

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15, 2009
      Mike Loewen wrote:
      > A total of five vintage computer enthusiasts met at my place in State
      > College, PA for a working weekend, and good progress was made by all.
      > Herb Johnson, Bill Degnan, Alex Bodnar and Barry Kline drove in from
      > various points of the compass, bringing project systems to work on.
      > There were several Heath/Zenith H89 systems and H19 terminals, two SWTP
      > 680 systems, a Donner 3500 portable analog computer and an IBM 029
      > keypunch. Several Heath machines were restored to working order and the
      > keypunch is well on its way to full working order.
      >
      > See this page for pictures and more description:
      >
      > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCW/
      >
      > It was a great weekend, and we definitely need to schedule more of
      > these.

      Slight correction - 1 MITS Altair 680 systems (one is a rev 1-6 board,
      the other is a 1-6X board). There were two SWTPc MP-M memory cards for
      one of these units, but I decided not to attach without proper power.
      Each board needed 1.5 AMPs 5 Volts, and we did not have an adequate
      power supply on hand.