Re: and on the other coast ...

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2009
      > Computer geek content: The Chyron system was a dedicated computer
      > that used 8" floppy disks to load it's OS, it's choice of fonts,
      > and the storage of text content ...

      Long long ago at the Trenton Computer fest flea mkt, a fellow had STACKS of blank 8" floppies. I bought all the DSDD ones, the Chyron fellow bought all the single-sided ones since he used at least one per assignment.

      They seem to still be in business:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chyron_Corporation
      Melville NY. Wow. My first job in 1982 was also in Melville. It was apparently a good place for startups at the time.