Hi group...I'm new :)

  • chrism3667
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2005
      Just thought I'd give a little introduction. I guess you could say my
      collection, consisting mainly of early IBM compatibles/semi-
      compatibles, began with the acquisition of a Texas Instruments
      Professional Computer in '98 or '99. It was from a thrift store 3
      blocks from my house. I had a boot disk, but nothing else, so
      obviously I had a lively time with the thing. I eventually picked up
      another unit with more warez. I've added steadily through the years,
      just recently picked up a replacement for my very first Tandy 2000.
      I'm interested in obtaining more than what I got obviously, and I'll
      list a few things off the top of my head:
      Mindset PC
      Televideo Personal Mini and PM/286
      Vectrix pc thing (very very rare)
      Zenith z-100 or 120
      Sanyo MBC-55x and 775
      IBM Professional Graphics Adapter and Display
      early 400 line video cards and monitors (Tecmar,Taxan,Amdek,Hercules)
      others, and I'd haul away all the PC/XT's and early '286's I could
      find - for parts, to keep a few of these things running
      Also looking for vintage software of course, in particular compilers
      and anything else cool! Later dudes.
    • evan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2005
        Welcome; where are you from?

        --- chrism3667 <chrism3667@...> wrote:

        > Just thought I'd give a little introduction. I guess you could say my
        > collection, consisting mainly of early IBM compatibles/semi-
        > compatibles, began with the acquisition of a Texas Instruments
        > Professional Computer in '98 or '99. It was from a thrift store 3
        > blocks from my house. I had a boot disk, but nothing else, so
        > obviously I had a lively time with the thing. I eventually picked up
        > another unit with more warez. I've added steadily through the years,
        > just recently picked up a replacement for my very first Tandy 2000.
        > I'm interested in obtaining more than what I got obviously, and I'll
        > list a few things off the top of my head:
        > Mindset PC
        > Televideo Personal Mini and PM/286
        > Vectrix pc thing (very very rare)
        > Zenith z-100 or 120
        > Sanyo MBC-55x and 775
        > IBM Professional Graphics Adapter and Display
        > early 400 line video cards and monitors (Tecmar,Taxan,Amdek,Hercules)
        > others, and I'd haul away all the PC/XT's and early '286's I could
        > find - for parts, to keep a few of these things running
        > Also looking for vintage software of course, in particular compilers
        > and anything else cool! Later dudes.

      • Chris McKinley
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2005
          I currently live in New Jersey...sort of. Could be NE PA or Long Island within days lol

          evan <evan947@...> wrote:
          Welcome; where are you from?

          Do you Yahoo!?