Re: [midatlanticretro] Fuse & fuse holder on NorthStar Horizon

  • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
      Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

      I went through the documentation on Harte's website

      http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

      Nothing told me the type of fuse.

      I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

        christian_liendo@... wrote:
        Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

        I went through the documentation on Harte's website

        http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

        Nothing told me the type of fuse.

        I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

        I know Mouser.com can be quite daunting when selecting a part--there's about 1500 panel mount fuse holders to choose from.
        There's a few on there that will have the same look as the original.
        http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100/h/hzback.jpg
        These are the part #'s 576-03420838HXL, 576-03420828H, 576-03420014X

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
          christian_liendo@... wrote:
          > Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..
          >
          > I went through the documentation on Harte's website
          >
          > http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/
          >
          > Nothing told me the type of fuse.
          >
          > I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

          If you need me to take out the system a take measurements I can. I have
          been busy lately, but I can do this for you asap. It's the same fuse
          holder you'd see in a CBM 8050, Fender Bassman amp, etc. The round
          cylinder holder, medium-sized fuse.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
            Pictures of my system taken a few years ago, I did not take a picture of the back unfortunately.
            http://vintagecomputer.net/northstar/horizon/
            bd
            _