Surprise museum visitor today ....

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
      Sridhar! He was in NJ today and visited the museum. He says our
      recently acquired Amdahl mainframe is more useful than we may realize. :)
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
        Thanks for the help Sridhar !

        Sridhar! He was in NJ today and visited the museum. He says our
        recently acquired Amdahl mainframe is more useful than we may realize. :)

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
          What Amdahl machine?

          Thanks for the help Sridhar !

        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
            >>> What Amdahl machine?

            We have an Amdahl mainframe from the early 2000s. It was given to InfoAge recently and we couldn't say "no thanks" because it was through Fred's daytime job. Currently it's locked away in a different part of the H-building than the rest of our gear, because the professional movers were dumbasses.
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
              Is that the same as the dented IBM mainframe?

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
                > Is that the same as the dented IBM mainframe?
                Yes, but I was wrong if I said it's literally IBM. As Sridhar
                explained, Amdahl's mainframes are IBM clones.