Re: [midatlanticretro] Fuse & fuse holder on NorthStar Horizon

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
      My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse is not on the motherboard.

      Bill

      Christian Liendo wrote:
      That would be awesome...

    • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
        Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

        I went through the documentation on Harte's website

        http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

        Nothing told me the type of fuse.

        I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

        My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is
        printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse
        is not on the motherboard.

        Bill

        Christian Liendo wrote:

        That would be awesome...
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

          christian_liendo@... wrote:
          Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

          I went through the documentation on Harte's website

          http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

          Nothing told me the type of fuse.

          I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

          I know Mouser.com can be quite daunting when selecting a part--there's about 1500 panel mount fuse holders to choose from.
          There's a few on there that will have the same look as the original.
          http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100/h/hzback.jpg
          These are the part #'s 576-03420838HXL, 576-03420828H, 576-03420014X

          =Dan

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
            christian_liendo@... wrote:
            > Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..
            >
            > I went through the documentation on Harte's website
            >
            > http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/
            >
            > Nothing told me the type of fuse.
            >
            > I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

            If you need me to take out the system a take measurements I can. I have
            been busy lately, but I can do this for you asap. It's the same fuse
            holder you'd see in a CBM 8050, Fender Bassman amp, etc. The round
            cylinder holder, medium-sized fuse.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
              Pictures of my system taken a few years ago, I did not take a picture of the back unfortunately.
              http://vintagecomputer.net/northstar/horizon/
              bd
              _