re: [midatlanticretro] Fuse & fuse holder on NorthStar Horizon

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
      -------- Original Message --------

      anyone know what fuse goes in there and what holder?

      > Does anyone else have a Horizon?

      I will check when I get home. I happen to have a motherboard.
      Bill
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
        That would be awesome...

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
          My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse is not on the motherboard.

          Bill

          Christian Liendo wrote:
          That would be awesome...

        • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
            Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

            I went through the documentation on Harte's website

            http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

            Nothing told me the type of fuse.

            I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

            My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is
            printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse
            is not on the motherboard.

            Bill

            Christian Liendo wrote:

            That would be awesome...
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

              christian_liendo@... wrote:
              Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

              I went through the documentation on Harte's website

              http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

              Nothing told me the type of fuse.

              I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

              I know Mouser.com can be quite daunting when selecting a part--there's about 1500 panel mount fuse holders to choose from.
              There's a few on there that will have the same look as the original.
              http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100/h/hzback.jpg
              These are the part #'s 576-03420838HXL, 576-03420828H, 576-03420014X

              =Dan

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
                christian_liendo@... wrote:
                > Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..
                >
                > I went through the documentation on Harte's website
                >
                > http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/
                >
                > Nothing told me the type of fuse.
                >
                > I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

                If you need me to take out the system a take measurements I can. I have
                been busy lately, but I can do this for you asap. It's the same fuse
                holder you'd see in a CBM 8050, Fender Bassman amp, etc. The round
                cylinder holder, medium-sized fuse.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
                  Pictures of my system taken a few years ago, I did not take a picture of the back unfortunately.
                  http://vintagecomputer.net/northstar/horizon/
                  bd
                  _