Fuse & fuse holder on NorthStar Horizon

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3 11:11 AM
      I got a NorthStar Horizon and I am missing the Fuse holder and fuse. Does anyone know what fuse goes in there and what holder?

      Does anyone else have a Horizon?

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3 11:15 AM
        > I got a NorthStar Horizon and I am missing the Fuse holder and fuse. Does
        anyone know what fuse goes in there and what holder?

        > Does anyone else have a Horizon?

        I will check when I get home. I happen to have a motherboard.
        Bill
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3 12:20 PM
          That would be awesome...

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3 6:34 PM
            My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse is not on the motherboard.

            Bill

            Christian Liendo wrote:
            That would be awesome...

          • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4 4:14 AM
              Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

              I went through the documentation on Harte's website

              http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

              Nothing told me the type of fuse.

              I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

              My fuse is a very standard, see-it-everywhere fuse holder.  All that is
              printed on the fuse I have on my Horizon (that works) is 5A.  The fuse
              is not on the motherboard.

              Bill

              Christian Liendo wrote:

              That would be awesome...
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4 4:53 AM

                christian_liendo@... wrote:
                Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..

                I went through the documentation on Harte's website

                http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/

                Nothing told me the type of fuse.

                I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

                I know Mouser.com can be quite daunting when selecting a part--there's about 1500 panel mount fuse holders to choose from.
                There's a few on there that will have the same look as the original.
                http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100/h/hzback.jpg
                These are the part #'s 576-03420838HXL, 576-03420828H, 576-03420014X

                =Dan

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4 5:02 AM
                  christian_liendo@... wrote:
                  > Cool.. I needed to know the Amps. Thank you..
                  >
                  > I went through the documentation on Harte's website
                  >
                  > http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Northstar/
                  >
                  > Nothing told me the type of fuse.
                  >
                  > I looked up fuse holders on mouser.com and there are many. I have to keep checking.. But thanks... You did in one day what to have been searching for for about a week.

                  If you need me to take out the system a take measurements I can. I have
                  been busy lately, but I can do this for you asap. It's the same fuse
                  holder you'd see in a CBM 8050, Fender Bassman amp, etc. The round
                  cylinder holder, medium-sized fuse.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4 5:05 AM
                    Pictures of my system taken a few years ago, I did not take a picture of the back unfortunately.
                    http://vintagecomputer.net/northstar/horizon/
                    bd
                    _