Re: [midatlanticretro] Speaking of the IBM 5150 ....

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
      Speaking of Basic, does anyone remember the specs for the cassettes on
      which the ROM internal basic would work?
      bs

      Quoting B Degnan <billdeg@...>:

      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
      > > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
      > > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
      > > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
      > > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
      > > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
      > > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row {
      > > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
      > > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
      > > hidden; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px; valign: middle; }
      > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a { text-decoration: none; }
      > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span { font-weight: normal; }
      > > div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /* end of attachment style
      > > */ -->

      > >> What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?
      > >>
      > > Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright
      > > 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.
      > >
      > Usually GW BASIC appears on systems with a mid period DOS's and OEM
      > systems. If you get a Tandy 1000 series system you could display these
      > items with it appropriately.
      > Bill

    • Eric Adler
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
        I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

        --
        Sent from my mobile device
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
          Eric Adler wrote:
          > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

          Better get it out of the waldwick, it will stain the chassis.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

            > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

            BTW, are you new to MARCH? Your email address looks familiar but I
            can't quite place it. If you are new then please introduce yourself.