Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: makeshift IBM monitor

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
      > Evan - the disk you gave me for the IBM at MARCH has some bare spots,
      > the drive needs to be cleaned or replaced. Do we have any
      > replacement Tandon 100-2a drives at MARCH?
      I don't know.
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009

        > > Evan - the disk you gave me for
        > the IBM at MARCH has some bare spots,
        > > the drive needs to be cleaned or replaced.
        >   Do we have any
        > > replacement Tandon 100-2a drives at MARCH?
        > I don't know.

        The drive probably just needs a good cleaning. I've never seen a Tandon in an IBM fail so badly as to scrape up disks. The heads are probably just really dirty. Also, the disk itself could have been compromised - some brands are more apt to start shedding oxide with age.

        -Ian
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009