Re: [midatlanticretro] Speaking of the IBM 5150 ....

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
      containing all of the original IBM PC press releases  from 1981 to 1983,
      plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies.  Says he found them while
      cleaning his house.

      What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?

      Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
        containing all of the original IBM PC press releases  from 1981 to 1983,
        plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies.  Says he found them while
        cleaning his house.

        What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?

        Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.

        Usually GW BASIC appears on systems with a mid period DOS's and OEM systems.  If you get a Tandy 1000 series system you could display these items  with it appropriately.
        Bill
      • Bob Schwier
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
          Speaking of Basic, does anyone remember the specs for the cassettes on
          which the ROM internal basic would work?
          bs

          Quoting B Degnan <billdeg@...>:

          > Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
          > > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
          > > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
          > > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
          > > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
          > > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
          > > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row {
          > > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
          > > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
          > > hidden; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px; valign: middle; }
          > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a { text-decoration: none; }
          > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span { font-weight: normal; }
          > > div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /* end of attachment style
          > > */ -->

          > >> What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?
          > >>
          > > Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright
          > > 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.
          > >
          > Usually GW BASIC appears on systems with a mid period DOS's and OEM
          > systems. If you get a Tandy 1000 series system you could display these
          > items with it appropriately.
          > Bill

        • Eric Adler
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
            I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

            --
            Sent from my mobile device
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
              Eric Adler wrote:
              > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

              Better get it out of the waldwick, it will stain the chassis.
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

                > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

                BTW, are you new to MARCH? Your email address looks familiar but I
                can't quite place it. If you are new then please introduce yourself.