Speaking of the IBM 5150 ....

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
      containing all of the original IBM PC press releases from 1981 to 1983,
      plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies. Says he found them while
      cleaning his house.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
        > containing all of the original IBM PC press releases from 1981 to 1983,
        > plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies. Says he found them while
        > cleaning his house.

        What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
          containing all of the original IBM PC press releases  from 1981 to 1983,
          plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies.  Says he found them while
          cleaning his house.

          What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?

          Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            Ironic timing .... I got a package in the mail from Jon Titus,
            containing all of the original IBM PC press releases  from 1981 to 1983,
            plus the MS-DOS and GW BASIC floppies.  Says he found them while
            cleaning his house.

            What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?

            Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.

            Usually GW BASIC appears on systems with a mid period DOS's and OEM systems.  If you get a Tandy 1000 series system you could display these items  with it appropriately.
            Bill
          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
              Speaking of Basic, does anyone remember the specs for the cassettes on
              which the ROM internal basic would work?
              bs

              Quoting B Degnan <billdeg@...>:

              > Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
              > > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
              > > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
              > > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
              > > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
              > > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
              > > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row {
              > > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
              > > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
              > > hidden; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px; valign: middle; }
              > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a { text-decoration: none; }
              > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span { font-weight: normal; }
              > > div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /* end of attachment style
              > > */ -->

              > >> What version of DOS - 2.11 or 3.2, something like that?
              > >>
              > > Label doesn't say. But I noticed the fine print just now -- "copyright
              > > 1987" -- so it must be a newer version, not the original disks.
              > >
              > Usually GW BASIC appears on systems with a mid period DOS's and OEM
              > systems. If you get a Tandy 1000 series system you could display these
              > items with it appropriately.
              > Bill

            • Eric Adler
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
                I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

                --
                Sent from my mobile device
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
                  Eric Adler wrote:
                  > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

                  Better get it out of the waldwick, it will stain the chassis.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009

                    > I've got a Tandy 1000 sitting in Waldwick.

                    BTW, are you new to MARCH? Your email address looks familiar but I
                    can't quite place it. If you are new then please introduce yourself.