Re: [midatlanticretro] weekend wrap-up

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2009

      > We all went to breakfast around 11:30, then came back. We opened the
      > museum for the day (regular hours) while Bill Drom., Mike, Ian, and Jeff
      > B. worked on some Commodores.

      I always forget a detail! What I forgot this time -- Joe performed a
      tedious job for us -- he individually cleaned all the keys on our
      Burroughs B-80 minicomputer, and fixed a framed poster.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2009

        > there was some fear that we'd find him outside behind the museum, face-down in a pool of his own vomit

        Not really. :-) But he didn't want us to tell the embarrassing story
        about getting locked inside, so we decided to embellish slightly.
      • arkaxow
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2009
          There is more to this. After you went to sleep Jeff F. returned about 2:30 in the morning with his friend from Georgia. We talked for a bit then, we tried to figure out how to get the TV to work since the remote batteries were dead and the "on" button was broken. So Mike set up his laptop on top of the TV and we watched the first episode of "True Blood" an HBO tv show. I was falling asleep so I turned in around 4am and everyone else was still watching it. I think the rest went to bed around 4:30. Then some woke up early like 7am, and 8:30 before the rest of us stumbled out of bed around 11am or so.

          It was good fun all around. I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.

          > Then back to the cottage and off to sleep. Jeff F. joined us and
          > leaving for a detour earlier in the day.
          >
          > We all went to breakfast around 11:30, then came back. We opened the
          > museum for the day (regular hours) while Bill Drom., Mike, Ian, and Jeff
          > B. worked on some Commodores.
          >
          > Finally called it a weekend around 4:30.
          >
          > Big thanks to everyone who came! Fun times. :)

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
            Reminder - I will be hosting a Vintage Computer Workshop in State
            College, PA on Saturday and Sunday, June 13th and 14th. Bill Degnan, Dan
            Roganti and I will be working on various vintage computing projects, with
            parts and test equipment on hand. Anyone willing to make the drive is
            welcome to attend.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...