TV Typewriter II, was MARCH Holiday Party Pictures

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2009
      Yea.. Thanks to the efforts of Bill and Ian we found the following:

      #1 The power supply is good
      #2 The main board is missing a chip that it really needs

      Next step is getting said chip and trying again

      Then working on re-mounting the board..

      I am torn because here is a beautiful example of this terminal:

      http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/CT_1024/My_CT1024_Index.htm

      But what makes mine cool is how amateur it is..

      It's like the homebrew computer that MARCH has.. We have no idea what kind of machine that it is, but it's one of my favorites because it epitomizes the home brew computing that went on back then.

      An analogy is a Rat Rod for the car enthusiasts out there. This is like an electronic rat rod, without the black primer.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2009

        Which chip ?
        I can check my inventory here
        That was a nice find

        =Dan

        #1 The power supply is good
        #2 The main board is missing a chip that it really needs

        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2009
          It was a 7495 4 Bit shift register

          http://unicornelectronics.com/ftp/Data%20Sheets/7495.pdf

          I see it for $8 with S/H on ebay.. I may buy a few in case one is dead.

          Thanks for the compliments

          Yea.. Thanks to the efforts of Bill and Ian we found the following:

          #1 The power supply is good
          #2 The main board is missing a chip that it really needs

          Next step is getting said chip and trying again

        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2009
            > It was a 7495 4 Bit shift register
            >
            > http://unicornelectronics.com/ftp/Data%20Sheets/7495.pdf
            >
            > I see it for $8 with S/H on ebay.. I may buy a few in case one is dead.

            I have a bunch and can send you a couple if you wish.