Re: [midatlanticretro] 50-pole switch?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2009

      FWIW, I have a DB25 switch and it does switch every line.

      =Dan

      Mike Loewen wrote:
      On Sat, 30 May 2009, Mike Loewen wrote:

         I'm looking for a switch which has 50 poles, with at least 4 positions.
      Rotary?  Does anyone know where to find such an animal?  I'd like to put
      together a switch box to select one of several floppy drives.

          You know, after thinking about it I think I can get away with a
      36-conductor parallel printer switchbox.  The cable from the floppy
      controller only has 34 conductors, after all.  Do these boxes typically
      switch all 36 conductors, or only 25?  Has anyone tried this?

      Mike Loewen				mloewen@...
      Old Technology	http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2009
        I've found several 4-way manual printer switches with 36-pin connectors
        which say they switch all 36 conductors. I'll pick up one and see how it
        works. If I can put this together the way I want, I'll have a single
        enclosure with a 360K drive, a 1.2M drive, a 720K drive and a power
        supply, and a separate enclosure with the 8" DS drive and power supply.