Final instructions for this weekend

    Message 1 of 8 , May 29 8:31 PM
      1. Open main fence gate.
      2. Drive in.
      3. Stop. CLOSE GATE BEHIND YOU.
      4. Turn at second left, go around building / trees / dumpster, turn left
      to access back ramp.
      5. Unload your goodies.
      6. Drive back out to main parking lot.
      7. Walk back inside.
      8. CLOSE GATE BEHIND YOU.

      That's all. See ya tomorrow.

      My cell if anyone needs it -- 646.546.9999.

      - Evan
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29 10:25 PM
        Will there be any tables ala VCF or the last party to set up our stuff?

        billdrom

        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 3:08 AM
          Yup

          Message 4 of 8 , May 30 5:31 PM
            I'm looking for a switch which has 50 poles, with at least 4 positions.
            Rotary? Does anyone know where to find such an animal? I'd like to put
            together a switch box to select one of several floppy drives.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 8 , May 30 6:01 PM
              On Sat, 30 May 2009, Mike Loewen wrote:

              > I'm looking for a switch which has 50 poles, with at least 4 positions.
              > Rotary? Does anyone know where to find such an animal? I'd like to put
              > together a switch box to select one of several floppy drives.

              You know, after thinking about it I think I can get away with a
              36-conductor parallel printer switchbox. The cable from the floppy
              controller only has 34 conductors, after all. Do these boxes typically
              switch all 36 conductors, or only 25? Has anyone tried this?

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Kelly D. Leavitt
              Message 6 of 8 , May 30 6:39 PM
                I did this many years ago with my Tandy 1000A. Worked well. I'm thinking of re-doing now with my disk archiving machine. I used the 36 pin centronics switches. If you find a source for them let me know.

                Kelly

                > I'm looking for a switch which has 50 poles, with at least 4 positions.
                > Rotary? Does anyone know where to find such an animal? I'd like to put
                > together a switch box to select one of several floppy drives.

                You know, after thinking about it I think I can get away with a
                36-conductor parallel printer switchbox. The cable from the floppy
                controller only has 34 conductors, after all. Do these boxes typically
                switch all 36 conductors, or only 25? Has anyone tried this?

                Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
                Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

                .

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 8 , May 31 8:27 AM

                  FWIW, I have a DB25 switch and it does switch every line.

                  =Dan

                  Mike Loewen wrote:
                  On Sat, 30 May 2009, Mike Loewen wrote:

                     I'm looking for a switch which has 50 poles, with at least 4 positions.
                  Rotary?  Does anyone know where to find such an animal?  I'd like to put
                  together a switch box to select one of several floppy drives.

                      You know, after thinking about it I think I can get away with a
                  36-conductor parallel printer switchbox.  The cable from the floppy
                  controller only has 34 conductors, after all.  Do these boxes typically
                  switch all 36 conductors, or only 25?  Has anyone tried this?

                  Mike Loewen				mloewen@...
                  Old Technology	http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 31 8:36 AM
                    I've found several 4-way manual printer switches with 36-pin connectors
                    which say they switch all 36 conductors. I'll pick up one and see how it
                    works. If I can put this together the way I want, I'll have a single
                    enclosure with a 360K drive, a 1.2M drive, a 720K drive and a power
                    supply, and a separate enclosure with the 8" DS drive and power supply.