RE: [midatlanticretro] Copying TRS-80 disks

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28 10:18 AM
      Right now, my copying box is a loose collection of drives, power supplies, cables and cards. I never did get around to buttoning it all up becuase of all the different media I have to handle.

      I have a catweasel MKII connected to an 8" and 5.25" drive.
      I have a floppy card that can do FM and MFM connected to an 8" drive and a 5.25" drive.
      I then have the built in floppy controller connected to a 5.25" HD drive for reading disks for the tandy 2000.

      Depending on what I'm doing, the machine runs Win2K, Debian Sarge, or MSDOS.

      The base machine is a PIII SBC with 256MB RAM. More than enough for what I need.

      I have 2 home made adapters for using 8" drives and 1 dbit adapter. I have PC Boards for 2 more adapters. Someone sent me the schematics and I did a small run for my own use. Lots of options on these.

      Typically, I use a Tandon TM828-2E drives for the 8" drives. The power supply is from a dead model 16 and can handle 2 drives easily. SS disks are problematic, and I don't have a reliable, tested 8" single sided drive as of yet.

      If I hustle I could probably make this a little more usable by Saturday, or bring a scaled back version using IMD and cw2dmk.

      Kelly
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28 10:26 AM
        OK! I think I will be bringing a collection of TED Commodore computers
        along (C16, C116, Plus/4)

        <snip>

        > If I hustle I could probably make this a little more usable by Saturday,
        or bring a scaled back version using IMD and cw2dmk.

        > Kelly

      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28 11:09 AM

          > OK! I think I will be bringing a collection of TED Commodore computers
          > along (C16, C116, Plus/4)
          >
          > <snip>

          and one of those Atari devices that hooks to a hddrive.