Am I supposed to be bringing anything Saturday

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 16 , May 28, 2009
      I have a TI/99 4a in unknown state. Anyone want it?

      I'm thinking of bringing a TRS-80 Model II, the keyboard converter and a couple of keyboards to test against. Anyone have any reliable Model II disks? That is my biggest fear. That I strip all the 8" disks I have in a bad machine or two.

      I have a drawer full of 3.5" floppy drives. Anyone need any? Anyone want a Mac G3 box with keyboard and mouse?

      I was also thinking of bringing my archive of TRS-80 software and a machine to make disks. Any interest in this? The disk images I have are for model I, model 3, model 4, and the 6000. Nothing yet for the model II.

      Any intereste in seeing the latest storage option for the TRS-80 model 100/102/200? I have a brandy new NADS box that I haven't even tested yet.

      I have a lot of Radio Shack software and hardware manuals. Anyone need to look at any pages for reference?

      One thing I'm always looking for is a Tandy 10. Fat-chance anyone has this laying around. They probably only sold 10 of them.

      I'm always looking for an inexpensive Amiga. I have a 1084s monitor already.

      Kelly
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 16 , May 28, 2009
        I would be interested to see your disk archival systems (esp. for 8"
        disks), but don't do it just for me. What you mention below is of interest
        to me.

        > I was also thinking of bringing my archive of TRS-80 software and a
        machine to make disks. Any interest in this? The disk images I have are for
        model I, model 3, model 4, and the 6000. Nothing yet for the model II.

        > Any intereste in seeing the latest storage option for the TRS-80 model
        100/102/200? I have a brandy new NADS box that I haven't even tested yet.

        Bill
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 16 , May 28, 2009
          > disks), but don't do it just for me. What you mention
          > below is of interest
          > to me.

          Yeah, I have a definite need for TRS-80 software. I do have a PC with an 8" drive that can read all disk formats (MFM and FM), and it works great with ImageDisk.

          -Ian
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 16 , May 28, 2009
            On Thu, 28 May 2009, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

            > I was also thinking of bringing my archive of TRS-80 software and a
            > machine to make disks. Any interest in this? The disk images I have are
            > for model I, model 3, model 4, and the 6000. Nothing yet for the model
            > II.

            Dave Dunfield has TRS-DOS 2.0A and BASIC, CP/M 2.2, Profile II,
            Scripsit 2.0 and Calculation Programs on his site:

            http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img41867/d/t80m2sys.zip

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Brian Cirulnick
            Message 5 of 16 , May 28, 2009
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

              > I have a TI/99 4a in unknown state. Anyone want it?
              >
              > I'm thinking of bringing a TRS-80 Model II, the keyboard converter and a couple of keyboards to test against. Anyone have any reliable Model II disks? That is my biggest fear. That I strip all the 8" disks I have in a bad machine or two.
              -----------------

              Kelly;
              I have what I think is Model II software on 8" disks, but I don't have a working II to test in. I'll bring some and see what we get.

              I have a bad Model III also, but would appreciate software to at least boot it should I ever get it working.

              > Anyone want a Mac G3 box with keyboard and mouse?
              Depends... What is it?

              > I'm always looking for an inexpensive Amiga. I have a 1084s monitor already.

              Let's talk... If you can get my TRS-80's working, I have Amigas...
            • Bill Dromgoole
              Message 6 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                I am bringing a Commodore 64 console troubleshooting setup with me
                If anyone needs assistance with their broken C-64 I am willing to work on it.
                I have some spare parts but not everything.
                Otherwise I'll work on one of my own or some other computer that anyone wants
                hobbiest level help with.
                I also will bring an older DVD player and a couple of DVD's.
                The movies are Forbidden Planet,Total Recall, and The Fifth Element as these are
                the only SciFi movies I own.

                billdrom
                Message 7 of 16 , May 29, 2009

                  > I also will bring an older DVD player and a couple of DVD's.

                  Thanks.

                  So that makes a DVD player, project, screen .... we need something with
                  speakers. :)
                • Brian Cirulnick
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 29, 2009

                    > > I also will bring an older DVD player and a couple of DVD's.
                    > >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > So that makes a DVD player, project, screen .... we need something with
                    > speakers. :)

                    I have a crappy boombox.
                  • Joe Giliberti
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                      I can bring The Wrath of Khan (or most other trek movies), The Abyss, or I have a bunch of Mel Brooks comedies.

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 29, 2009

                        >>> I also will bring an older DVD player and a couple of DVD's.
                        >>>
                        >> Thanks.
                        >>
                        >> So that makes a DVD player, project, screen .... we need something with
                        >> speakers. :)
                        > I have a crappy boombox.

                        Does it have an input for the DVD player's audio output? (I assume
                        normal RCA.)
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                          Spaceballs and the original Star Trek movie are appropriate.

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 29, 2009

                            > >> So that makes a DVD player, project, screen .... we need something with
                            > >> speakers. :)
                            > > I have a crappy boombox.
                            > >
                            > Does it have an input for the DVD player's audio output? (I assume
                            > normal RCA.)

                            Somehow I knew that question would arise (after I had hit the send button)... I'm not a complete idiot (but I play one on TV), I wouldn't have mentioned the boombox if it didn't have a standard line-in.

                            Yes, it has a stereo line-in using standard audio connectors, and the speakers even seperate a bit for better stereo effect. I've used it to amplify my TV when I lived in Jersey City (because I liked annoying the neighbors). It can also play CDs, tapes, and has AM/FM capability...

                            I shall bring it, assuming my van isn't a large collection of parts when I arrive at the garage Saturday AM. I have a feeling Jaime forgot some critical part trying to reassemble the thing.

                            Now I wish I hadn't sold the Red '77 Bus, could have used that as a backup.
                          • Joe Giliberti
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                              I have a karaoke machine I can bring. It has RCA in (its stereo)

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                                > I have a karaoke machine I can bring. It has RCA in (its stereo)

                                Nah
                              • trailingedge.geo
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                                  > So that makes a DVD player, project, screen .... we need something with speakers. :)

                                  NJARC's giant Altec "Voice of the Theatre" speakers should still be in that room, or nearby. They sound awesome (and are capable of causing severe hearing damage!)

                                  --Dave Sica
                                • Matt Patoray
                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 29, 2009
                                    Ohh that would b fun, especially if you have 5 of them for surround :)

                                    Sent from my iPhone