RE: [midatlanticretro] Freeman PC Museum For Sale

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
      --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
      > [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete
      > collection".]
      >
      > Jim

      It all depends how you define a collection. There's
      loads of stuph I don't care about whatsoever. I'm not
      into this stuph cuz it's kewell or I get to belong to
      a groovy club - I just collect what I like :).
      Granted, I do stray from my mainstay of
      PC-incompatibles, but it's never been, nor ever shall
      be my goal to own every "vintage" puter on the planet.
      So within the confines of my desire to collect, I
      could conceivably have a pretty complete collection
      within 5 years I think. And although you can take a
      deep breath at that point, that doesn't mean the
      interest stops there. I guess the grooviness is where
      you get to say "I got that...and that...and that", and
      you get to play with them now and again. You may have
      a hard time getting people to be interested in your
      (my) collection, but that doesn't make it any less of
      one, nor less interesting. I GET TO SAY WHAT'S COOL TO
      ME!!!
      And I was joking about the "glaring gaps". I just
      enjoyed for a moment revelling in the knowledge that I
      had a few kewell gizmos this guy didn't. Nah nah.

      http://mail.yahoo.com